Environmental Nursing Conference
Friday, June 20, 2014
8:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Presidio Campus 112 - Classroom
Wylie, Michelle Potthoff
School of Nursing and Health Professions
Environmental Health & Nursing
Integrating the Basics into Nursing Education and Practice
Friday, June 21 & Saturday, June 22
USF Presidio Campus
Fee: $70.00 Lunch is included for both days
The newest version of the ANA’s Scope and Standards of Professional Practice includes an Environmental Health Standard. Environmental Health is now officially part of all nurses’ domains of practice.
Come learn how to integrate this into your nursing curriculum and your nursing practice.
- Are the cleaning products you use making you sick?
- Should a pregnant woman continue to use hair dyes while she’s pregnant?
- How would you know?
- Is the water in your community safe for a patient with HIV/AIDS?
- How about other immuno-compromised patients?
- Where would you find the answer to this question?
These are all questions that you will learn to answer, as you concurrently learn how to teach your students.
This program is recommended to nurses in all practice settings:
- Direct care nursing in hospitals, clinics, nursing homes
- Nursing education
- School nursing
- Public health nursing
- Home health nursing
View the agenda »
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 361, for 12 contact hours. Attendee must be present for entire lecture to receive CEP credit.