Mathematics Awards and Panel
Wednesday, May 08, 2013
4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
McLaren Conference Center 252 - Venue
Events and Lectures
Liu, Christine S
From Math to Money: Math Career Panel
Wednesday, May 8
MacLaren 252 at 4:00pm
The USF Math Department is hosting a panel discussion of five Bay Area professionals with careers in mathematics.
- Keith Bailey has 18 years combined of actuarial consulting experience at Milliman, Fidelity Investments, and Buck Consultants, all in San Francisco. He became a fellow of the Society of Actuaries in 2005.
- Erik Lewis graduated with a Ph.D. in applied mathematics from UCLA in 2012 where he worked closely with the mathematical crime research group. Erik has returned to the Bay Area where he works at Kontagent as a Customer Success Manager/Data Scientist.
- Lindsay MacGarva is a 2011 USF graduate with a degree in mathematics. She is now completing her MA in education at USF while teaching mathematics at Stuart Hall High School in San Francisco.
- Dimitri Skjorshammer graduated from Harvey Mudd College in 2011 as a math major. He worked for a bit in finance, got bored, and cofounded ClassPager to help teachers understand students better. He is currently the CTO at ClassPager in San Francisco.
- Holly Toboni double majored in math and mechanical engineering at Santa Clara University. She then received an MS in statistics from the University of Maryland. Now Holly is senior manager of customer analytics at Williams-Sonoma here in San Francisco.
Math Department Tea takes place before the event at 3:00pm in Harney 222.
For more information, contact Cornelia Van Cott (email@example.com).