scoop.it Tech Talk
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
11:45 AM - 12:45 PM
Education Building 010 - CIT Wireless Laptop Computer Lab
Events and Lectures
Information Technology Services CIT
Tech Talk: Curation in Class
Case Study by Prof. John Higgins and Guillaume Decugis, CEO of Scoop.it
RSVP now »
Tuesday, Sep. 17 | 11:45-12:45 p.m. | CIT 010
Are you interested in using curation as a part of the learning process in the classroom and beyond?
At this tech talk, Guillaume Decugis, CEO of Scoop.it, will introduce you to this leading curation platform. USF Prof. John Higgins and some of his students will talk about their experiences using scoop.it for curation in the classroom of Digital Media Production and Media Technologies.
Scoop.it is also the platform behind #USFCA (hashtag.usfca.edu), the university's new and popular social media site that curates relevant social media content contributed by the USF community.
You can use scoop.it to train your students (or yourself) in the following areas:
- Showcase student work and class projects online
- Monitor and research a specific topic online
- Stay up to date on your subject areas of interest
- Re-publish good content, add your insights, and treat sources in a respectful way
- Build a personal expert profile online
- Publish to all your social media venues from one platform
- Grow a network of peers around your topics of interest
Don't miss this exciting discussion about how to bring new technology and good curation practice into your classroom.