Big Data Symposium & Panel Discussion
Thursday, November 14, 2013
5:30 PM - 6:30 PM
Fromm Hall 115 - Berman Room
Events and Lectures
Office of Communications and Marketing
Big Data Changing the World Symposium
Nov. 14 | 5 p.m | Fromm Hall, Berman Room
The opening of the University of San Francisco's John Lo Schiavo, S.J. Center for Science and Innovation will be celebrated with a series of symposia, at which leading thinkers in the Bay Area science and technology communities will address the theme: Changing the World through Science and Innovation.
Panelists will discuss how science and technology innovations are contributing to a more humane and just world for all peoples, including women and marginalized populations. The third symposium on November 14 is titled Big Data Changing the World and will be moderated by Jed Kolko, Chief Economist, Trulia.com.
- Alfred Chuang, Co-Founder, BEA Systems; Founder, Magnet Systems
- Walter Macklem, Chief Technology Officer, Platform, Salesforce.com
- Sriram Sankar, Principal Staff Engineer, LinkedIn
- Matt Sweeney, Engineer, UBER
- Cindi Thompson, Assistant Professor, Computer Science, University of San Francisco
Read more at: http://www.usfca.edu/loschiavo/